- Project – Glasgow City Campus, Glasgow, Scotland
- Area – Elevated walkway suspension rods
- Structure – 56mm Macalloy
- Fire Protection – Two hours
- Architect – Reiach and Hall Architects and Michael Laird Architects
- Main Contractor – Sir Robert McAlpine www.sir-robert-mcalpine.com
- Installer – Avesta Group, Kilmarnock, Scotland www.avastagroup.co.uk
- Material – Interchar 212
- Material Manufacturer – Akzo Nobel, International Paint www.international-pc.com
A beautiful building offering opportunities for the university community to come together. The campus pulled together 11 university buildings scattered around Glasgow and now housed in the one building complex. The design of the building included catering for events and gatherings bringing together the student community and general public in many different social opportunities.
The castings installed were commended for their aesthetic finish and for the absence of visible joints. It is also the only fire protection system that has been fully tested under BS476 for these suspension rods.